Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 Friend in Drudgery


"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

Drudgery. I looked it up in the dictionary to get a better word picture because drudgery is not a word I commonly use. It means dull, menial, distasteful or hard work. All of those words can be part of our day. God is our friend in the drudgery.

So often we only look for God to appear in the big things in our life. But He is there in the day to day, dull or menial things too. He stands by as a friend in the hard work of every day life. He joins us in the things we need to persevere through. There isn't anything too hard for God. He is God over all.

So hang on. Understand that He cares about every little piece of the puzzle. He's big enough for the hard stuff as well as the small stuff. Spend some time sitting quietly before Him and ask Him to be the Lord of ALL. Ask Him to be your every day friend.

That is where I get my joy. Even when life is hard and there are some things I don't understand. I know that nothing is too difficult for God. He sticks closer than a brother and I trust His plan.
~
I continue to pray for the people of Haiti as rescue workers attempt to deliver aid. The effects of the earthquake hit closer to home when my son Zane emailed to tell me the sister of one of his college friends died in the rubble of the orphanage where she worked. My heart goes out to the Hightower family of Port Orchard, WA who lost their 22 year old daughter Molly. She was serving a year in Haiti helping the disabled and volunteering at an orphanage. I'm asking the Lord to be Lord over all that their family is going through. Please keep this family in your prayers.

I'm also praying for Chris Sahlman who just arrived in Haiti last week to serve at another orphanage. Thankfully Chris is okay and so are the children he works with. However, they are waiting for aid. He said the hardest part is the smell of death.

Oh God, I pray you will send ministering angels to meet the needs of everyone in Haiti today. Be merciful Oh God. I admit I don't understand it all. But I know You are there to help. Show yourself big. Let beauty come from these ashes – as you promise us in Scripture. (Isaiah 61) Thank You God that You love every one of us and you catch our tears in Your bottle. (Psalm 56:8) I trust in Your everlasting love that never fails. I ask for wisdom and revelation about where best to help. Heal our land Lord Jesus. Amen.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the devotional book "God Calling" by A. J. Russell published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: