Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18 Faith - Works


"Behold the proud, his soul is not upright in him; but the just shall live by his faith." Habakkuk 2:4

"True righteousness before God is linked to genuine faith in God. A proud person relies on self, power, position or accomplishment: a righteous person relies on the Lord." (The Nelson Study Bible Pg 1522)

Pride. Boy did I learn the hard way that relying on self didn't get me very far. Some of the worst decisions I've ever made were made with no trust that God could help me get to where I needed to be. I simply didn't want to believe His way was better so I ignored it.

Too often I went my own way and I found out the hard way which avenue was better.

Mighty deeds are accomplished when I live by faith in God. Not by faith in Gigi. Trusting that God's way is better becomes a necessary weapon in my arsenal against evil. It is the way I overcome the challenges of everyday life. It is a gift God gives me daily. It gets me through the tough times. I simply can't do it on my own. I've tried too many times on my own power. If just doesn't work. So I need to live by faith.

When I turn to God and get to know Him through prayer and Bible reading, my faith grows. And that faith gives me the power to do God's work. Because I want to be used by Him to accomplish His will in this nutty world. Genuine faith goes a long way.

God Bless Your Heart,
Gigi Murfitt


http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the January 18 Devotional in the "God Calling" book compiled by A. J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

 

No comments: