Saturday, January 2, 2010

God Calling - Journal the Journey Day 1 Between the Years

Hello! As I wrote in my "God Calling" devotional journal this morning I was prompted to begin a journey of sharing my response to each day's message from this amazing book in this blog.

It is already January 2, 2010 so I have a bit of catching up to do so forgive me for several blog posts in one day. I challenge you to join me in this journey of journaling the ways God speaks to you through this message written in 1932 and published in many formats over the years. I give credit for the idea each day to the anonymous writer's of "God Calling" and to A.J. Russell who compiled their writings into this amazing book. The copy I'm using is published by Barbour Publishing - Copyright 1952 by Arthur James Ltd., Evesham, UK.

Day 1 Between the Years

Lord I want to face the year before me unafraid. I know I can't do it without your help. This devotional reminds me to not dwell on my past. Because I am a writer who focuses on recording my days, it's easy for me to remember my past. There are many days I'd rather forget.

God is asking me not to DWELL on my past but to take it all to Him and understand His mercy and His grace. The past helps develop our character and allows us to learn and grow. It can be the fertilizer for change. But we must not remain there.

I am committed in 2010 to focus on the positive things of life. The world sees things negative and depressing. But God holds my year in His hands and each day I will trust in His guidance. God has reminded me that one day at a time He will provide me with wisdom and strength for the journey.

I challenge you to bury your fears and failures and go forward in a new joy filled life. For me, I am committed to not dwell on my past mistakes but to look forward to walking hand in hand with my ear leaned in to hear God's call for direction in my next step. I commit to forgive myself and others. I commit to remove any unkindness or bitterness or dislikes or resentments toward others. I commit to take one day at a time and start it with God as my focus.

This is going to be a bright and shiny year! I can feel it in my heart. I can see it as God illuminates the light of life. After all He IS the light of the world!

No comments: