Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 Love Bangs the Door

"They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever." Psalm 125:1

I thought the title of this devotional was rather strange. Love Bangs the Door. But what it said to me was that sometimes when the door bangs shut on something in my life, it is the love of God closing it so He can open a different way for me. Paul learned the lesson of the closed door when he said "our light affliction, which but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." (P18 God Calling) Sometimes the trials we face are nothing compared to the plan God has in store for using it for His glory.

"Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties." When I read today's message I immediately thought of my mom. In the midst of some harsh difficulties she had peace. Most of the time. As she got older her peace turned to anxiousness. What caused the change?

After many conversations with her I believe at some point she stopped trusting that God promised to work it all out for good. Fear crept in. She lost her joy when she focused on what was wrong rather than what was right.

Focusing on the negative gets us in trouble every time. I'm not saying we should ignore the challenges as if they don't exist. But I believe when we trust the acceptance of God's will for us we have peace and joy and we will not be moved.

In my own life I've had seasons where I started to lose hope. Just recently I received word that an agent chose not to represent me. Sure I was disappointed but it's not the end of the world. I will not lose heart. By faith I choose to trust that God is for me and not against me. God will make a way where there seems to be no way. Over and again I believe that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28) I ask every day what my next move will be. I listen quietly for the next door to open as I continue to write with hope.

God Bless your heart. Have a great weekend!

Gigi Murfitt

www.GigiMurfitt.com


No comments: