Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 The Ache of Love

"And the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4


This particular devotion is chock full of wonderful things to ponder. I hope you have a chance to pick up a copy of "God Calling" by A.J. Russell (Published by Barbour Publishing) so you can work through each day's message on your own. I work through a devotion in my journal in the morning and let it simmer all day long while I work and play. Then in the evening I write my blog post.


I've found that I really hear from God on things I'm working through when I spend time meditating on it during the day. I'm a thinker. I mull things over in my brain before I am willing to talk about them. It drives my husband crazy because he's always wondering what I'm thinking. But I find it best to spend time thinking and meditating before I formulate a comment or opinion. Otherwise I speak too soon and get myself in trouble. My foot doesn't taste very good when I have to open my mouth and insert it.


With such a rich devotion today I had a hard time choosing what to blog about. I've come up with a bullet list of things so you can take them and meditate on them on your own.


  • God has unlimited stores for my needs.
  • Seek God's Truth and you will find it.
  • Even in silence God is present and speaking to you.
  • Jesus is the light of the world. Sometimes he gives you just enough light for the day.
  • When we get to heaven we will get the whole revelation of everything that went on in our lives. Rest in knowing that.
  • Today's marching orders are all you need. God gives you the strength for today. Come back tomorrow for more strength. Day by day.
  • Don't let the babble of the world crowd out God's voice.
  • You have been hurt. God sees the pain. He leaves the scar as a reminder. God likes to use scarred lives.
  • Don't freak if you are being disciplined. It's inevitable.
  • Trust God always. Never rebel.

My favorite quote from this devotion brought tears to my eyes. "The trust given to Me (the Lord) today, takes away the ache of rejection of My love, that I suffered on earth, and have suffered through the ages. "I died for you, My children, and could ye treat Me so?" (P21 God Calling by A.J. Russell)


I have to ask. Do I treat Him like I know He died for me? Oh God forgive me when I take your sacrifice for granted. Let me never forget the ache of love.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


My friend Karen recently gave me the words to an amazing song by Sara Groves. It came to me at the perfect time to minister to my heart as I work through the transition to the empty nest – where this mamma bird misses her baby birdies a whole bunch – and Steve and I are learning a whole new language as we work it all out. The song is on Sara Grove's "Add to The Beauty" CD. The song title is "When It Was Over". I encourage you to download the song on iTunes. The chorus is my favorite:


Love wash over a multitude of things.

Love wash over a multitude of things.

Jesus save us from a multitude of things.

Make us whole.

There is a love that never fails

There is a healing that always prevails

There is a hope that whispers it loud

A promise to wait while we're working it out

So come with your love and wash over us.


Oh life is so much fun when God's love washes over me! Thanks Karen, this song ministered to my heart more than you know!

The idea for this blog was taken from the book "God Calling" by A.J. Russell published by Barbour Publishing. I've been blogging each day as I work through this devotional book. I highly recommend you purchase a copy for you and one for a friend.

PS. For those of you who get an email of my blog forgive me if you get multiple posts. I'm trying to work out some issues with spacing and I think it might be sending it out again. If you have ideas on how to stop this please let me know! And accept my apology if you receive more than one email.

No comments: