Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17 God’s Rush to Give


"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

This is one of the first Bible verses I memorized. It has helped me so many times when I've been going my own way. That's usually when I end up on a detour heading in the wrong direction.

God is rushing to give me what I need in every area of my life. I need to be still and listen so I can learn God's will for me. Then I need to be quick to do it. Trusting Him it is good medicine for worry and fret. His way is SO much better than mine!

I started to worry a bit today. I have to admit that I'm feeling vulnerable now that my Caregivers' Devotions to Go book is actually available for sale. Thinking about people paying to read my stories is rather scary. What if what I wrote doesn't inspire my reader? Will anybody want to read it?

I can easily take a worry detour but God is reminding me to get back on His path of trust.

This morning when I was praying I had a peace come over me about my book. I know that I'm doing what I've been called to do. I'm not going to lean on my own worry or fear about what people might think of what I wrote.

I set a goal many years ago to write this book.  I kept checking in and asking God for direction.  Over and again I sensed His instruction as I wrote each story.  I know I can trust God to use it all for His glory.

I loved the ending of this devotional from the God Calling book. "Persevere, Oh! Persevere. Never lose heart. All is well." 

Thanks for the reminder God. I needed it today! I persevered through the publishing of this book.  I did not lose heart. And all is well!

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

Caregivers' Devotions to Go can be ordered at my publisher's website at http://www.edmbookstore.com/  in the devotions to go section. I think the book will bless you!

The theme for this blog post was taken from the book "God Calling" by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: