Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 Way of Happiness


"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

I really want to be used to serve God. This verse reminds me of the importance to take care of my body so I am healthy as I serve.

Unfortunately the way to happiness is sometimes through my lips. Now I've got several pounds of Christmas fudge to remove from my hips before my niece's wedding next month.

So no more fudge for me. It is off on my walk I go.

This devotional also reminds us that "complete surrender of every moment to God is the foundation of happiness; the superstructure is the joy of Communion with Him." P35

So I'm working on surrendering the moment right before that fudge hits my tongue and asking God for the willpower to stop. This self discipline helps firm up my foundation of happiness.

I sure hope there is fudge in heaven.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Devine Murfitt

The idea for this blog post is taken from the January 25 devotion in the God Calling book edited by A. J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

1 comment:

"Create Beauty" said...

Oh yes, there's gotta be the best fudge ever in heaven! : ) It is so interesting to me how everyone who might be reading that devotional (as I am also) will get something personal just for them from it... God speaks directly to us from His Word. Uniquely and to the deepest parts of our hearts.