Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 121 Delay is Not Denial


For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

I want it NOW!

Have you ever heard that demand? Ever made that demand of God?

Trust that God's timing is perfect. Ours is not. There is so much more to the story than we can see. Our view is street level. God's view is like that from the helicopter that sees for miles in every direction. He knows what lies ahead.

For more than ten years I've had several books brewing in my heart and in my journal. I wanted to write a devotional or a Bible Study or a life story memoir type book about the amazing way God has walked me through some difficult seasons.

It just wasn't happening. I was busy raising my family, serving in my church, studying at Seattle Ministry Institute (SMI), starting our nonprofit organization – Gabriel's Foundation of HOPE – and working part time at a software company.

It wasn't the right time.

As my two boys reached adulthood, I completed my studies at SMI and we lifted our nonprofit organization off the ground. I still served in my church and worked part time at the same software company.

It was then that God opened the door for me to publish my first book – Caregivers' Devotions to Go. The delay was not denial. It was simply waiting on God's timing.

I know that God wanted me to wait to write it because some of the stories were still being played out in my life.

While working on my next two books I see the same thing happening. So I trust and wait upon the Lord to show me the next chapter to write.

I've learned the hard way. When I run ahead of God I usually trip and skin my knee. So I walk slowly by His side and listen to His voice. Then everything works out in God's perfect timing.

So if you are wondering why something has been delayed, I'm asking God to bless you with the assurance that His ways are higher. Stick close and understand He'll show you the right way and the right time to accomplish your goal.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The theme for this blog was taken from the May 2 devotional in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell

No comments: