Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 139 Rescued and Guided


The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, 'Destroy him!' Deuteronomy 33:27



I had a near drowning experience when I was in college. I was body surfing off Mission Beach in Southern California. My cousin, Danny McMahon, rescued me and guided me out of the rip tide.

I kept trying to fight on my own strength and he asked me to simply relax so He could pull me to safety. We made it to shore and I was so thankful for his strong arms.

In the same way God has thrown me a rope too many times to count while I was drowning in my own self sufficiency. Many times I held on with one hand while trying on my own with the other. My ceaseless activity is often a sign of distrust.

Finally, I learned to trust Him and grabbed the rope with both hands. I stopped trying on my own. I held on with my life as he pulled me into His loving arms.

I seek Him every day and hold on to the knowledge that He will never let me go.

I rest in the knowing that God is working for me. He brought me up out of a miry pit and set my foot on the solid rock of His Word.

I'm leaving all my future plans to the Rescuer. I'm safe in His arms.

God Bless your heart with His everlasting arms wrapped around you.

Gigi

www.GigiMurfitt.com

The idea for this blog post came from the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

http://www.amazon.com/God-Calling-J-Russell/dp/0515142034/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274461395&sr=8-1

No comments: