Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 137 Sorrow to Joy


But I would not have you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning them which are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 1 Thessalonians 4:13

Sometimes I find myself having a difficult time understanding why people suffer and die. It is when I focus only on THIS life that I grieve the most.

It is hard when our loved ones suffer. I was only seven years old when my dad died from lung cancer. He left behind a beloved widow with ten children.

Sometimes it makes me want to cry all night when I think about what we lost when this wonderful man of God died.

But Scripture reminds me that "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

Even though I don't understand, I can have joy in the middle of difficult times. Because I have hope for eternity where there will be no sickness, pain or death.

God turns my sorrow to joy with a promise that tomorrow is a new day and the light of eternity shines on the horizon.



Today I'm praying for those with no hope.

Lord, please turn their sorrow to joy as they learn to trust in You. Put eternity in their hearts today.

God Bless your heart with eternity today.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 17 entry in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: