Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 131 The Divine Third


Again I say to you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:19

I imagine you've been through some difficult storms. I know God has led me and my husband Steve through several.

Our deep friendship and great desire to love each other and serve God has helped us weather these tough seasons.

There are few friendships in the world like ours.

Steve and I met on the ski slopes when we were in high school. I was a junior and he was a sophomore. Our towns were thirty miles apart with the ski area tucked in between. We skied together almost every weekend.

I have a box of letters we wrote to each other through the years as our friendship developed. We ended up at the same college (Go GRIZ!) and Steve let me cry on his shoulder many times. He was my BFF. (Best Friend Forever)

We went our separate ways after college but we kept in touch.

I moved to Dallas, TX to start over after my marriage to my college boyfriend failed. About six months later Steve was hired for a company in Las Colinas and moved only a mile from my apartment.

We had so much fun together and our friendship blossomed to love. We were married a year later and we have two wonderful sons and a daughter-in law. We celebrate our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary this summer.

There is great power of two people together on the same path with God as the guide.

I pray that those who know us now – as we live our lives in faith, hope and love – will see that God is the Divine third person in our relationship. It is with His power that it all works out for good.

There is strength in numbers and a three-fold chord is not easily broken.

God Bless your heart with a Divine third in your friendships. He brings strength to every relationship.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 11 Devotional in God Calling by AJ Russell.

No comments: