Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 134 The Love of a Lover


Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock and where you rest your sheep at midday. Song of Solomon 1:7

God loves you. He delights in your desires as much as He delights in your obedience.

Pray and Obey. This is what brings us closer to the Lord.

Friend to friend is the way we dare approach God.

Jesus came as the world's greatest lover. You have the Holy Spirit in you giving you the grace to live like He did. To love as He did.

A lover understands our motives and our aspirations. I have aspirations that are not understood by everyone in my sphere of influence. I've learned I can't expect others to understand but I know God understands the desires of my heart. I know my husband Steve understands my dreams.

Some of what is on my heart and in my thoughts and my writing is a foreign language to others. I've learned not to judge those who don't understand me.

God, the lover of my soul, understands. Why not tell him your dreams?

God bless your heart with love of the master.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 14 devotional in God Calling edited by AJ Russell. I highly recommend this book as a tool for your daily walk with God.

No comments: