Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 148 Test Your Love


And be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

Are you content in knowing that the love of God is with you always? Has that truth been tested?

I will say that God has passed the test in my life. I have felt His presence in some very difficult seasons.

Although my dad died when I was a little girl and my mom went to be with the Lord three years ago I felt God's presence in my grief.

In my young adult life, I walked through disappointment and betrayal and a marriage that ended in an annulment. God never left my side even when I turned my back on Him.

I grew up in a family of ten children with a single mother. We experienced much financial hardship. But God provided time and again.

In the shock of giving birth to a child with severe congenital birth defects and raising Gabe to adulthood, I have known God's presence and experienced His peace in so many ways.

Life has not always been easy. God's love has been tested.

But like a best friend who makes time for me no matter what is going on in her life, God is there. He has passed the test.
Dare I even think what a mess my life would be without Him at my side? I try not to even go there.

Today I pray for the knowledge of the truth that He will never leave you or forsake you. Be content with such things.

If God seems distant in your circumstance, take time to sit quietly and pray. Ask a friend to pray with you. Open your eyes and see. He's there.

God bless your heart with contentment, peace and joy.

Gigi

The idea for this blog post came from the May 28 entry in the God Calling book by AJ Russell.

No comments: