Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 142 Command Your Lord


Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:24

When I have prayed about something, and felt the Lord's guidance on how to move forward, there is an assurance in my heart that what I am praying for will come to pass.

As the daughter of the King, I am heir to God as joint heir with Christ in the inheritance of God's plan for my life here on earth and in eternity.

God wants me to ask for my needs as a daughter asks her Father for the desires of her heart. He wants me to appropriate what is rightfully mine.

Sometimes I sit at His door and ask again and again when all He wants me to do is open the door and come in to appropriate what I've asked for.

When I was growing up, our door was always open and many friends walked in and felt right at home. They knew my mom was good for a cup of coffee or a meal or a warm-hearted conversation. Most of our friends didn't even knock before they came in.

That's the way God wants us to come to Him. He reminds us in Scripture that he calls us friend.

What are your needs today? Can you come to Him as a friend and ask for what you desire? Believe that it is His will to give good things to His children.

God Bless your heart with what you need today.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 22 entry in God Calling edited by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: