Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135 First the Spiritual


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives,…to set at liberty those that are bruised. Luke 4:18

Today on May 15, 2010 as I celebrate with joy the graduation of my niece Brooke and send a birthday hello to my cousin Susan Neal, my heart is also heavy.

The Lord blessed me with this verse this morning. He binds up the broken hearted. I had to ask Him to touch some hurts in my heart today.

I phoned my Aunt Nina to comfort her and let her know I prayed for her as she remembers her sister Donalda who died in a car accident three years ago today.

My heart aches because I miss my nephew Michael who would have turned 28 today. He died nine years ago.

It is difficult when anniversaries or birthday's of loved ones bring us to that place of loss. We miss them.

But I can feel the tenderness of God's hands binding up my wounded heart.

In a day both sorrow and joy have swept through my spirit.

But I have peace because I know where I can go for healing. And I know I'll see my loved ones again in heaven.

Let us seek first the spiritual things and ask God to heal our broken hearts and set the captive free.

God bless your broken heart with healing today.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 15 entry in God Calling edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour publishing.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thank you for sharing the healing balm of Gilead today, it was soothing and encouraging.