Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 129 Harmony Within


Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

"Humility is not belittling of the self. It is forgetting the self." (p140 God Calling)

I've learned that it's best to doubt my own wisdom and learn to rely on God's. I forget my naïve thoughts and seek God's infinite wisdom. Life works so much better that way.

It's fairly unlikely that we will have perfect harmony in this crazy world. There will always be conflict with our loved ones or with other people in our sphere of influence.

I try to maintain harmony and peace in my heart by focusing on God. I hear heaven's music and I'm at peace when I stand humbly before Him and seek His wisdom. Even when the world is crashing around me, I can have harmony within.

It is well with my soul when I rely on him. All through my life I've realized that my own selfish ways always get me in trouble but there is peace when I rely on Him. It is a peace beyond understanding.

Today I pray for you to have this kind of peace. Whatever your circumstance let Him give you rest.
God bless your heart with harmony within.

I'm praying for you today.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 9 entry in the God Calling devotional edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

May 9, 2010 was Mother's Day. I enjoyed my day with Zane and Kelsey and Gabe in downtown Seattle at Pike Street Market. It's a beautiful sunny day in Seattle. Steve went to Montana to celebrate with his family as they dedicated a beautiful stained glass window in honor of his mom, Barbara Murfitt. The window is at St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Philipsburg, MT.

No comments: