Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 127 Against the Tide


For it is God who wills and works in you both to will and do of His good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

A few years ago my husband Steve surprised me for my birthday with a trip via a Kenmore Air float plane to the beautiful San Juan Islands and the Rosario resort.

We traveled from one island to another on a sea kayak. We did not drift with the tide.


Together we had to work our oars to move through the water to get where we wanted to go. It was a lot of effort but well worth it once we crossed over to tour the little island and see some beautiful cabins.

Life is like that. We have to put forth our effort to get anywhere. But God takes my effort and blesses it. He needs my effort and I definitely need His blessing.

It is with this partnership that I am able to go against the tide to get where God has asked me to go.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 7 devotional entry in the God Calling devotional edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: