Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 128 The Rest of God


And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse…and his rest shall be glorious. Isaiah 11:10

Glorious rest sounds wonderful. So I go forward, unafraid. I rest in God.

I wrote this blog as I prepared to attend the NCWA Annual Writer's Renewal Conference in Bothell. This conference is always a wonderful time with fellow writers and agents and editors.

I enjoy meeting new people and sharing what God has called us to write.

I enter into a competitive arena of writer's who desire to reach lives with our written words.

It's a little intimidating.

But God works better when I get my freaked out self out of the way. I just need to put my right foot in front of my left – repeat – and move forward praying between each step.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13)

"The Rest of God is in a realm beyond all man's activities". (p139 God Calling)

It is there that I find my joy.

So I'm going to go rest now.

God Bless Your Heart with Rest

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 8 entry in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell.

No comments: