Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 141 Fling it at My Feet


And the cares of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the Word, and it becomes unfruitful. Mark 4:19

I was having trouble seeing God at work in my life. The cares of the world were like a fog blocking my view of Christ.



Then I decided to fling my burdens at His feet. As the fog of worry started to lift, I could see His face clearly. I became conscious of His presence in my life. He has been there all along. I had just not seen it.

Now I have to do this as a daily discipline. I consciously cast my cares on Him and I clearly see His work in my life.

Two weeks ago I could not see how I was going to have time to work on my current book project. I was discouraged. Life was going at a break neck speed and I didn't have time to write.

I prayed. I asked the Lord to help me carve out some time to write.

The burden lifted when an opportunity opened for me to take a ten day writing retreat. I found a ride to my sister's house and discovered I had enough frequent flyer miles to get home. It has been a fruitful time.

Yesterday I sent over 8500 words to my writing coach. I feel so good about this book! I can clearly see where it is going and the words are flowing easily.

My worry got out of the way and I did it!

I pray for your burdens to be lifted today. I hope you can clearly see God at work in your life.

God Bless your heart as you fling your cares at His feet.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 21 entry in AJ Russell's God Calling book.

No comments: