Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 126 Sublime Audacity



And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward. Matthew 10:42

Like me, I’d imagine you are weary. Like me, you may need a refreshing drink of living water.

God reminds us to come to Him for rest from our burdens. He can give us living water to our thirsty soul.

Jesus, the son of man, feels our weariness. I come to Him with my long to-do list and He gives me rest.

How can I NOT stop for this rest?

I have tried so many different remedies for the burdens in my life – especially busyness – only to discover that union with Jesus is really the only place I can rest.

When I come to rest in Him I can "dare to suffer, dare to conquer, be filled with His sublime audacity…and claim the unclaimable."

Sublime Audacity?

I admit I had to look it up to understand what A.J. Russell meant when he titled this devotional.

Sublime = inspirational, uplifting, magnificent, moving, awe-inspiring, transcending

Audacity = daring, boldness, courage, bravery, nerve, overconfidence

I like the idea of being filled with God's magnificent courage to live out my dreams.

What was impossible is possible with God.

God Bless Your Day with Sublime Audacity

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the May 6 devotional entry in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

Happy Birthday to my niece Lindsay who turns 30 today. You are a blessing Linds and I pray for Sublime Audacity to do what God calls you to do. (Written on May 6, 2010)

No comments: