Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 138 New and Vital Power


I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Abundant life.

That's what God wants for us. That's why Jesus died for us.

I remember when I finally realized the truth that abundant life was possible for me and my family.

I'd been spinning out of control on the merry-go-round of life. Buried in my work as accounting manager for a software company, I worked sixty to seventy hours a week leaving my three year old Zane and infant son Gabe in daycare for long hours every day.

My heart ached each time I dropped them off at daycare.

But my work became my refuge from the storm of dealing with all of the challenges facing us because of Gabe's birth defects. I had no peace. Worry and doubt had stolen my joy.

Then I surrendered it all to the loving Christ.

I took one look His way and my heart was healed. He saved me from all the cares of the world. He saved me from despair.

God flowed a peace beyond understanding into my river of life.


There was new and vital power in my relationship with Christ.

Doubt took a hike.

Joy moved in.

Hope endured.

Sometimes it is hard to explain how amazing this journey has been. It's just plain awesome.

So I keep looking to Him for my every need. I hope and pray that you will too.

God bless your heart with new and vital power.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the May 18 devotional in God Calling edited by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: