Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 130 Calm – Not Speed


In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15

Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16

The Northwest Writer’s Renewal Conference ended Saturday night. I feel like I can breathe. It’s time to relax.


I don’t know why I get anxious about conferences. I have a great time and I meet incredibly gifted writers and agents and editors.


I was freaking out about the roundtable workshop I taught. I worried about getting rides for the agents and editors and the keynote speaker.


What was I worried about? The whole weekend turned out perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as I served.


When I approach an activity or problem with confidence and trust rather than worry and anxiety, things just work out.


God wants to do the work in me to calm my soul so I can be used to bless and help as many people as possible.


Today I pray calm over whatever situation you face.


God bless your heart with a calm spirit and a rested soul.


Gigi


www.GigiMurfitt.com


The idea for this blog post came from the May 10 entry in the God Calling devotional edited by AJ Russell.

No comments: