Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143 Little Frets


Catch us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes. Song of Solomon 2:15

 Have you ever had a nagging wound or maybe a tiny hang nail that bothers you all day? Sometimes it is all you can think about. You pick at it or play with it. It distracts you. You lose productivity.

Isn't it better to just deal with it before ruining your entire day?
"Your lack of control is not due to the big burdens, but to your permitting the little frets and cares and burdens to accumulate." P. 154 God Calling
As my mom got older she had a tendency to accumulate the burdens of her large extended family. It eventually led to depression.

I'm trying to start each day new so I don't accumulate the little frets. I lay my burdens at the cross moment by moment. Then I ask Him for the direction of my next assignment so I don't take on more than I can bear.

It is a way to live in peace.

God Bless your heart with peace and joy

Gigi

www.GigiMurfitt.com

The theme for this post came from May 23 devotion in the book edited by A.J. Russell titled God Calling. It is published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: